Union Finance Minister in his Union Budget 2012-13 speech tabled on 16 March 2012 announced several provisions for both the education and health sector.
In the Union Budget 2012-13 tabled in the parliament on 16 March 2012, the Finance Minister proposed an increase in allocation by 21.7 per cent for Right to Education – SarvaShikshaAbhiyan to Rs.25555 crore. Increase in allocation by 29 per cent for RashtriyaMadhyamikShikshaAbhiyan to Rs. 3124 crore was also proposed. He proposed to set up a Credit Guarantee Fund to ensure better flow of funds to students.
Budgetary Provisions for the Education Sector
• For 2012-13, Rs 25555 crore was provided for RTE-SSA representing an increase of 21.7 per cent over 2011-12.
• Rs 6,000 schools proposed to be set up at block level as model schools in Twelfth Plan
• Rs 3124 crore provided for Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) representing an increase of 29 per cent over BE 2011-12.
• The Union budget proposed to ensure better flow of credit to students, a Credit Guarantee Fund
Union finance minister in the Union budget 2012-13 proposed to increase the allocation for NRHM to Rs.20822 crore in 2012-13. He also announced the launch of National Urban Health Mission and declared that no new case of polio was reported in last one year.
Budgetary Provisions for the Health Sector
• The Union Budget 2012-13 proposed modernization of existing vaccine units and setting up of new integrated vaccine unit in Chennai.
• Enlargement of Scope & remuneration of Accredited Social Health Activist – ‘ASHA’ proposed.
• Proposal to increase allocation for NRHM from Rs 18115 crore in 2011-12 to Rs 20822 crore in 2012-13
• National Urban Health Mission proposed to be launched.
• Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana to be expanded to cover upgradation of 7 more Government medical colleges
• The Union Finance Minister announced Multisectoral Nutrition Augmentation Programme to combat malnutrition
- Basic numeracy
- CSAT ANALYSIS
- Current Events
- English language comprehension skills
- environmental ecology
- GOVT. POLICIES
- GOVT. SCHEMES
- Indian Polity
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- MODEL PAPER
- PREPARATION STRATEGY
- PREVIOUS PAPERS
- SAMPLE PAPER
- Social Sector Initiatives
- Solved Papers
- Study Material